These ten tips for jump-starting weight loss will serve you well!
They are simple and easy to follow. Give them a try and watch what happens!
- Eat protein at every meal, including breakfast.
- Eliminate wheat– and flour-based products for the time being. And yes, that definitely includes bread and pasta.
- Eliminate “food products”. Ninety percent of what you eat should be food that could have been hunted, caught, gathered from the ground, plucked from a tree or grown
- Reduce starch. When you do eat starches, choose from “real” carbohydrates. Best choices are oatmeal, sweet potatoes, beans and legumes.
- Don’t eat unlimited amounts of fruit and be careful with the extra-sweet, extra-ripe variety. For now, keep fruits to two a day, and choose the low-sugar, high-fiber variety. Apples, grapefruits and especially berries all are good choices. For now, fruit should be eaten alone or with something light like nuts or a little cheese. Lose the fruit juice.
- Reduce or eliminate dairy for the time being, especially cow’s milk. Exceptions: reasonable amounts of cheese and occasional portions of yogurt, but not the fat-free kind (it contains way too much sugar).
- Try eliminating alcohol. You can always go back to moderate drinking later on if it works for you.
- Stop using vegetable oils such as sunflower, safflower and corn. The supermarket kinds are highly refined, and oxidize easily when heated, contributing to arterial plaque.
- Worry less about the amount of fat you eat and pay more attention to the kind of fat you eat. The worst are fried foods, margarine and foods that contain hydrogenized or partially hydrogenized oils. The best is omega-3, found in fish and flaxseed oil.
- Drink at least eight or more large glasses of pure water a day. Every day. No excuses.
|This is just one of the “Top 10 Lists” that is included with my Diet Boot Camp